Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Embroidery on Silk

I have started a new project---embroidery on a silk saree. I am planning to finish this project as fast as possible, because I am doing this for one of my friends. She wants to wear the saree for a family function next month. This project appears to be a daunting task for me.

The image below shows the border of the saree:



The paisley design is my own creation. I have finished only one paisley (in the image below) out of fifteen.



Fourteen more to do........... :-(

And, here is flower design I am stitching on the pallu (the ornamental end piece of the sari usually draped over the shoulder). I decided to test whether long-and-short stitch works fine on silk, and I am really pleased with the result. In my own experience, I find it very easy to stitch long and short on silk than on cotton or georgette. Since I have less time, I didn't use split stitch for the corners of the petals.



I got the design for the pallu from a book I bought at a local embroidery shop. I will post the design tomorrow.

Please keep your fingers crossed for me.... I hope I will make some progress tomorrow.

P.S.: I have kept my Chinese lotus project aside, at least for some time.

8 comments:

Deepa said...

Good work!! All the best for the remaining 14 :) I wouldn't have the patience to repeat the motif again and again :(

Flora said...

Thanks for your comment Deepa!

MeganH said...

The paisley is just lovely! I do hope you get the other 14 done in time! Best wishes. (and a lucky friend!)

Flora said...

Hi Elmsley Rose,

Thanks for your comment. I saw your long-and-short poppies. They were charmingly beautiful. You have got lot of patience to do a project like this.

MeganH said...

ooooo...just found another comment through you

If you use Firefox, there's a "CoComment" add-on that lets you find answers on blogs, LJs, anywhere!

Thankyou for the compliment.

I haven't seen any news on this project for awhile. It is lovely.

Julia Robert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julia Robert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Embroidery Digitizing Service said...

The color of the Saree and the work of embroidery digitizing services; both are awesome and have best combination. Love it.. Thank you very much...

Kawaii Shop Modes4u.com